Skip to main content


Business Tax returns and self employment

The What Investment Guide to Personal Tax explains how to complete a tax return if you are self employed.

Updates Tax changes for 2011–12: National insurance

The level of earnings (primary threshold) up to which no Class 1 national insurance contributions are paid will increase to £7,228 (£139 a week) in 2011–12.

Business Self-employed, partnership or a limited company

This article is part of a whitepaper 'Giving your business the best start with tax' provided by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and talks around the tax implications for the Self-employed, partners