Skip to main content


Business Tax returns and self employment

The What Investment Guide to Personal Tax explains how to complete a tax return if you are self employed.

Personal Tax returns 2013: key dates

The What Investment Guide to Personal Tax reminds taxpayers of the key dates for filing tax returns this year.

Personal What to know about tax enquiries

The What Investment Guide to Personal Tax tells you what you need to know about a possible tax enquiry.

Personal Tax Returns 2012/13

We take you through the basics of filing your tax return in plenty of time for this year's October deadline.

Business Self Assessment Tax Return

If you are self-employed, you pay income tax through Self Assessment (SA).

Business Self-employed, partnership or a limited company

This article is part of a whitepaper 'Giving your business the best start with tax' provided by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and talks around the tax implications for the Self-employed, partners

Q&A Declaring a second income

Q: I am employed and pay tax and national insurance contributions. However outside of this work I make money as a contractor in another business.

Personal HMRC interventions begin targeting property letting

Accountant and business adviser PKF is urging those who receive an ‘intervention’ letter not to ignore it – even if they have not made profits on their letting.